Friday, December 10, 2010

Corn, Tomato, and Lima Bean Stew

Dr. Sanjay Gupta would SO approve. Look at all those colors! I haven't made this dish for ages, and I have no idea why. It's very simple to make, extremely tasty, and highly nutritious.

I took the easy option and went with frozen lima beans, but when it comes to corn, 99% of the time I buy corn in their husks and cut the fresh kernels off the cob. Next summer I'm gonna find out if I can grow corn on our terrace. Talk about an effective privacy screen -- I hear it can grow as high as an elephants eye!

Without Tommie's input I'm going to give this one 4.5 stars. I love it, but it has a bit of half-and-half in it, and Tommie is not such a fan of The Dairy. Really it's only a tiny bit of the cream just to add another layer of flavor to the dish, but my guess is that he gives this one a rating somewhere in the 3-4 star range. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment