Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Favorite Hot Cocoa


This has nothing to do with Jack Bishop, but since this blog is about my favorite foods, I thought I'd share my favorite cocoa. Lake Champlain's Organic Hot Chocolate is my fave, but I also love their spicy Aztec flavor as well as their new Mountain Mint. The Organic one has a rich, dark chocolate flavor. I've had the Traditional one, and it's just not bold enough for my tastes. If you prefer milk chocolate, you might like this flavor more than me.

Every afternoon I pour 8 oz of 2% milk in a mug and microwave for 2 min. 20 sec. (The can says to microwave for 3 minutes, but in my microwave that is too much.) Then I add one generous tablespoon of cocoa and mix. Voila! My sugar craving is satisfied for the day, and the milk has so much protein in it that I'm not hungry until dinner.

Lake Champlain's cocoa is sold at my Whole Foods Market in Alexandria, but I don't think it was offered in the Arlington store the last time I looked. So, if it's not in your WFM, you can use the link above and order it online.

Let me know what you think if you try it. With 35ยบ temperatures even down in Miami, we're all looking for a good way to warm up. I say: Make it a cocoa day!

No comments:

Post a Comment