Monday, February 28, 2011

One Great One Bad

Chickpea Curry with Whole Spices

Let's start with the "great." Tonight I whipped up Jack Bishop's "Chickpea Curry with Whole Spices," and we loved it. I haven't made this in a while, so it was nice to have some unfamiliar flavors, and it's a really easy dish to make.

I didn't discuss it with Tommie, but I'm going to give it 5 stars. Easy, tasty, nutritious, how can you go wrong?

Notice the steam coming off the upper right portion of the bowl? That's some piping hot vittles!
Curried Carrot-Apple Soup




Conversely, Jack's Curried Carrot-Apple Soup on p. 18 of the book came out horribly last night. I don't know what I did wrong, but the curry powder was too strong, and I think the apples gave an overly sweet flavor.

I've made this soup before successfully, so I don't know what happened. It is recommended that you saute tofu cubes with it and plop them in the soup, but we opted for sour dough toast instead. The bread helped. I don't know that taking out the tofu was the reason it failed. It just didn't come together quite right.

This one is getting 1 star. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment