Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spaghetti with Asparagus, Tomatoes and Lemon


I decided to try another dish from Jack Bishop's cookbook, The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook. Since I like asparagus but have only grilled it, I thought this recipe would be good for our pasta selection this week. I love that Jack has you cook the asparagus for a minute or so in the boiling water, remove it, and then cook the pasta in that same pot. He does the same thing with a pasta and broccoli dish in A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen.

It's an easy dish to make as long as you read through all the steps and plan ahead, and the flavors are nice and clean. I don't think it's as good as Jack's Linguine with Leeks and Tomatoes, but it is still tasty.

I probably won't make this dinner again until summer -- it would be a perfect dish to eat on the patio. I'm giving this one a rating of 3.5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. I would give it a 4.0, but it's not as good as the pasta with leeks. Still, it's clean and tasty, and with some hot pepper flakes sprinkled on? Excellent.

    ReplyDelete