Monday, November 15, 2010

Black Bean Soup with Onions and Bell Peppers

I love black bean soup. Let me clarify -- I love Jack Bishop's black bean soups. This entire recipe uses only two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. And, yet, despite it being incredibly light, it is extremely flavorful. The splash of balsamic vinegar at the very end adds a delicious complexity to the flavors. With the gobs of protein that come from the black beans, this to me is the perfect dinner.
I give it 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. Soo....if I want to actually know how to cook these things I have to go buy the book? :(
    Okay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think Mr. Bishop would be happy if I gave all his recipes away, but I have this one typed in my favorite recipe doc that I can forward to you.

    ReplyDelete