Sunday, November 21, 2010

Roasted Fennel, Potatoes, and Artichokes with Fennel Gremolata

Gremolata: (according to Wikipedia) A chopped herb condiment typically made of lemon zest, garlic, and parsley.

I might have to make it my life's mission to discover everything that you can put gremolata on, because it is fracking delicious.

This is one of Jack Bishop's "spring" recipes, but to "fall" it up, I roasted carrots in place of the mini artichokes. From where I sit, I think you could take any root vegetable, roast it, and add a gremolata to it. The combination of roasting plus lemony-garlicky-parsley(-y?)-fennelly goodness is out of this world.

We're giving this dish 5 stars. Tommie had to force himself to not get thirds. I wonder what veggies I can roast next...

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my faves--the flavors just have such a great balance, and fennel is an awesome flavor. Simple, filling, healthy. Perfection. I was definitely blue when I finished.
    Posted by TD

    ReplyDelete