Monday, November 15, 2010

Fresh Chinese Noodles with Spicy Cabbage

Right off the bat let me state that I took the linguine option. Jack Bishop's recipe calls for fresh Chinese noodles (hence the name), but he states that linguine works fine too. So, I took the lazy option and just went with linguine.

This dinner rocks. I love the taste of Chinese food, but everything I get from restaurants is so heavy, that I can't eat it. This has all the flavor of a Chinese meal, but with only two tablespoons of roasted peanut oil. Two teaspoons of chili-garlic sauce were enough kick for me -- anymore would have been too much. Hubby would most definitely disagree with that point. Dumping the whole jar wouldn't be too much heat for him. But I digress.

Fun meal. Easy to make. Very tasty. Has protein (albeit only a small amount). I give this a 4.5. Don't know why I don't give it 5 stars. Just a gut decision. (Get it? Gut? It's about food...)

No comments:

Post a Comment