Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew


Unlike my good friend and cooking buddy Mrs. Tracy Jill, I am still a meat eater. But I asked for Jack Bishop's "A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen" for Christmas, because I am interested in bringing more vegetables into my diet. I consider myself a good cook, but without this cookbook my veggie selection was basically limited to broccoli steamed in the microwave and occasionally asparagus. My dinners are much healthier and more nutritious now that I have recipes that are easy to cook, taste delicious and have me asking for seconds of the vegetables, not the bread, pasta or meat. I made this stew last night and loved it! The flavors worked so well together and start to finish it took me less than 30 minutes to make. I definitely had seconds, but I never felt like I had over-eaten. Usually I fall into a post carb and meat dinner coma every night, but this stew gave me energy, woke me up, and made me feel great. I highly recommend it. 5 stars:)

No comments:

Post a Comment