Saturday, January 1, 2011

Creamy Tomato Soup--The Perfect Head Cold Remedy


So, Guest Blogger Tommie stepping up to the plate (HAH! Get it?) tonight. Tracy and I teamed up to create this lovely, DAIRY-FREE(!) taste sensation. The creaminess comes from leeks, and it is amazingly delicious. We have a number of friends who make this regularly, and we're glad to pay this recipe forward. And tonight, I strapped on the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS apron (a most excellent Christmas gift) and got my soup nazi on.

It's pretty easy to cook this one, except when you have to handle this electrical devise called an "immersion blender." Clearly, I was not checked out on this, and I was, according to Tracy, "white-knuckling." But, don't worry, I hung on for dear life, and nary a wall was splattered.

The soup turned out great, particularly with a couple pieces of toasted wheat bread that Tracy made yesterday. This dish remains, as always, a "5." Even with our colds, it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment