Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Curried Red Lentils with Caramelized Onions


Could this be the most delicious recipe in the book? Yes. I believe it is. And, it's very easy to make. However, there's a lot of clean up afterward, which is why I don't make this all that often. My ideal dinner is made in one pot. This one takes two pots and a saute pan. But, seriously, it's fracking delicious.

Let me talk through the layers. Underneath the lentils in the picture lies a bed of rice infused with cinnamon. It's hard not to just chow down on the rice alone. Next, we have the red lentils which are cooked with garlic, fresh ginger, and curry powder. And then finally, on top you have caramelized onions. Yum. Yum. Yum.... Yum.

I don't care about the clean up. This dish falls under the six out of five stars category. The rewards also include getting to nosh on some rice when you put the leftovers in a dish, and for the two of us we'll each get at least one more lunch out of this. Maybe more than that.

Did I say "yum?"

No comments:

Post a Comment